The Information Security Officer will be responsible for assisting in the definition of the Agency’s information security risk posture by leading information security governance, developing and maintaining enterprise security policies, incorporating information security in all facets of information technology, overseeing information security risk management activities, and influencing user behavior to meet the organization’s information security needs.
- Developing and maintaining security infrastructures and programs in accordance with established organizational policies and procedures.
- Deploying tools and technology to manage the threats that may disrupt an agencies information systems.
- Monitoring compliance with Agency security policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the development and management of the organization’s information security incident response and working closely with the agencies compliance, forensic, internal audit and legal teams, as needed.
Policy / Standards / Processes / Guidelines:
- Information Security Policy / Standard/ Processes / Guideline development.
- Developing strategy and processes to manage the impact of phishing, blended attacks, viruses and other threats.
- Developing policies to monitor compliance with organizations information based on industry-leading practices, applicable laws, and regulations.
Awareness and Training:
- Develop an effective socialization program to communicate and inform policy consumers of all content produced by Security Governance.
- Monitor and recommend changes in standards that affect security, especially in the areas of privacy and identity theft.
- Developing security-related training programs, awareness campaigns, metrics and skills for the organization
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in information technology (preferred)
- 3 - 4 years of hands-on information security experience
- Knowledgeable in information security standards and laws (e.g., ISO 27001/27002, NIST 800-53, FFIEC, ITIL, etc.), and cyber security commonly used concepts, best practices, and procedures.
- Active Certification Required - CISSP
- Ability to analyze highly complex regulatory information and develop or modify policies.
- Current awareness of information security related criminal activities and breach of security incidents in the IT field.
- Strong self-management skills.
About Virtuo Group
Virtuo Group Corporation is a Woman owned, Minority owned, Veteran Owned, Small Business with corporate headquarters located in The Woodlands, Texas.
Terms & Benefits
Virtuo Group offers W-2 and corp to corp/1099 opportunities. Medical/health benefits are available for W-2 employees.