Virtuo Group Corporation, a professional services firm, is seeking a part-time experienced Proposal Writer. Our ideal candidate must be a superior writer who has demonstrated an ability to research, organize and synthesize information from a variety of sources into a cohesive, persuasive and competitive response.
Description of Duties:
- Participate and support in all aspects of proposal development including kick-off, management, content development, editing, and desktop publishing
- Support proposal strategy and planning discussions during the capture phase of an opportunity
- Manage proposal support resources to meet deadlines and deliver a quality product
- Leverage industry best practices and contribute to the development and continuous improvement of proposal engineering processes, tools, and templates
- Analyze various RFPs/SOW to determine structure and requirements of the response in accordance with the appropriate contract vehicle
- Develop proposal schedules, outlines, templates, and assist in the maintenance and management of proposal content
- Write and synthesize proposal/marketing narrative in near-real time as required. Leverage existing archived proposal information
- Develop targeted questions and interview technical and programmatic staff to extract the critical information necessary to develop technical and managerial solutions
- Lead and participate in color reviews. Performs quality checks and reports progress against schedule and compliance on a continuing basis to appraise management of status
- Proofread and edit proposal text, project summaries, and resumes for proper grammar, spelling, comprehension, and style
- Work with the Managers to develop and articulate technical and management solutions
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, as appropriate
- Define and manage the proposal response schedule
Qualifications and Education:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience; 3+ years of combined experience as a proposal coordinator and proposal manager including a successful track record of supporting complex Federal Government bids, including GWACs and IDIQs
- 1-3 years of experience overseeing junior writers
- An “ownership” mentality and willingness to actively participate in developing winning proposals
- Experience in supporting the development of proposal content to fill gaps in resource availability through strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to help develop and effectively incorporate key messages, win themes and solutions
- Must be very proficient with MS Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Office, and experience working with queries in databases
- Preferred experience working with small to mid-size government contracting
- Experience with IT and Intelligence Community Analysis and various DoD agency experience
- Excellent writing skills and high proficiency in organizational structure
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
If you meet the above qualifications, we want to hear from you. Please respond with your cover letter and resume.
About Virtuo Group
Virtuo Group Corporation is a Woman owned, Minority owned, Veteran Owned, Small Business with corporate headquarters located in The Woodlands, Texas.
Terms & Benefits
Virtuo Group offers W-2 and corp to corp/1099 opportunities. Medical/health benefits are available for W-2 employees.